What is a Mommy Makeover?
Pregnancy and breast feeding can lead to significant changes in the size and shape of your breasts, while childbearing can cause your tummy skin to stretch and muscles (rectus abdominis) to separate. Having a caesarean section (C-section) can also result in internal scarring and tummy bulge. Naturally, those affected by these conditions may experience a level of dissatisfaction with their self-image.
The ‘Mommy Makeover’ is a combination of procedures that enhances the appearance of a woman’s breasts and tummy after child birth. Combining these procedures into a single surgery provides several advantages, including:
- A single day of surgery
- Shorter overall recovery period
- Reduction in total cost, and
- Immediate total body aesthetic improvement.
A typical Mommy Makeover includes a tummy tuck combined with a breast procedure, such as breast reduction, breast augmentation and/or, breast lift. Modest liposuction may also be combined with the surgery, or done as a follow-up procedure. Dr Farhang Khoee will meet with you in consultation to discuss your specific needs and help you get back your pre-baby body.
Who is the Ideal Candidate?
An ideal candidate is a person in good health and requesting a Mommy Makeover for the following reasons:
- Dissatisfied by your body image after having children and desire to achieve pre-baby body
- Correction of a loss in breast volume
- Improve sagging breast or nipples
- Balance breast size, when there is a significant difference between them
- Improve waistline contour
- Remove excess skin and fat from the tummy area
- Correction of a tummy bulge caused by C-section scarring
- Build a stronger abdominal wall by repairing the separated muscles
What is the Recovery Time?
In general, the recovery time following a Mommy Makeover is approximately 6 weeks. The total recovery time is equal to the longest recovery time of the individual surgeries included but is still faster than having each surgery separately. Recovery time varies for everyone, but patients are usually moving slowly for a couple days, feeling good after a week, and return to their everyday routines at 2 weeks.
You will still need to avoid strenuous activity for up to 6 weeks. Dr Farhang Khoee will help you through your post-operative recovery period.