What is a Thigh Lift?
As a person ages or loses weight, the skin of the upper thigh can become loose and flabby. A thigh lift can be performed to address these aesthetic concerns by reshaping and contouring the thighs for smoother skin and improved proportions. Dr Farhang Khoee often combines the excision with liposuction in a method called ‘suction-assisted dermolipectomy’. She will discuss your specific needs and surgical goals in private consultation.
Who is the Ideal Candidate?
An ideal candidate is a person in good health and requesting a thigh lift for the following reasons:
- Dissatisfied with the shape and appearance of their thighs
- Noticeable excess skin on the thighs
- Desire to create tighter, more attractive thighs
- Excess fat tissue that touching between the legs when standing
- Thighs that are disproportionately larger than the rest of the leg.
- Willingness to accept a long scar in exchange for the cosmetic benefits
What is the Recovery Time?
In general, the recovery time following a thigh lift is approximately 3 to 6 weeks. Most people are ready to return to work and light activities just 1 to 2 weeks after surgery. Supportive wraps will need to be worn for up to 6 weeks to aid in the healing process. You will also need to avoid strenuous activity for up to 6 weeks. Dr Farhang Khoee will help you through your post-operative recovery period.